I tried this dish recently as I wanted to make something that wasn’t too heavy in the hot weather yet still filled me up to the brim! The great thing about this recipe is that it is so easily made (think a nutrition packed eton mess…everything is just mixed together!) It is important to get the right dressing for the tabbouleh or it might be to your taste, however there are a million different ways to make dressing and if you’re opting for convenience, there are loads of dressings in the supermarkets that are worth trying!
As I opt for a pesca-vegetarian diet , I have chosen to use salmon with this dish, however for those who do not eat seafood, you may prefer meat or various pulses to plump up your tabbouleh! However, this dish is just as good on its own, it is light refreshing and full of essential daily nutrients. Lets begin!
For the Tabbouleh
Quinoa (2 handfuls will make 2 meals!)
Spring Onion/ Scallions
(Any other veg you wish to add)
For the Dressing
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemon Juice (not essential)
A touch of garlic
A touch of salt
- Turn on the oven to around 190ºC, you will need this to pre-heat before cooking the salmon
- Pop the quinoa on to boil in water, you will know when the quinoa is cooked as there will be small tail-like sprouts coming from each grain!
- Put salmon in the oven, for this particular dish I put my salmon in tinfoil with some lemon, I do not like a strong seafood taste and lemon is brilliant for complementing the flavour of seafood whilst keeping it quite mild.
- Whilst the quinoa is boiling and the salmon is baking , chop and prepare all vegetables and use the time to make your salad dressing.
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients together and mix and experiment with tastes until you are happy with the consistency, I like quite a lot of garlic so I go a bit overboard with it, others may find this a bit potent!
- When the quinoa is cooked, drain and add to a large bowl and mix in with all of the prepared raw vegetables.
- Add the salad dressing and mix with the tabbouleh, give everything a good stir so all of the wonderful flavours are mixed around 🙂
- After the salmon has finished cooking, you are ready to serve the dish. Have fun with presentation!