Yes yes, this is probably more of a winter dish. But I made this for the first time tonight so had to share the joy! I was a bit nervous about how this was going to turn out as I got a little over excited with the paprika and pepper, but luckily it had a nice kick that wasn’t too explosive! The great thing about this dish is that again, it uses simple ingredients and it is very filling. You can make it as thick or chunky as you like though I put mine through the blender to avoid any unexpected lumps and bumps!
2x white onion
1x sweet potato
2 handfuls of carrots
garlic (3 cloves at least)
spices for seasoning
Roughly 1000ml vegetable stock
1. Chop all vegetables, in preparation. Crush garlic, chops potato and carrots into chunky pieces and dice onion.
2. Sauté the garlic and onions in about 3-4 tablespoons of oil, do this until the onions become translucent and you get that good garlicky smell taking over your kitchen!
3. After this is prepared add all the rest of the veg and sauté this for a few extra minutes to soften the vegetables a little before adding the vegetable stock.
4. Add the stock, ensuring that the vegetables are pretty much covered, you don’t want to risk it being too dry and sticking to your pan!
5. Add your seasoning when you are ready. I like to add peppers, chilli flakes, and paprika, but just taste to your liking.
6. After this has simmered for 45 minutes or so and the vegetables are soft. Pop it through the blender and this should be now prepared for eating.
7. And we’re done!